Saturday 28 June 2014

Kashmiri Style Fruit Pulao



Yesterday, I went over to my Aunt's place after a long time.It was a perfect day spent with her chit-chatting over a cup of tea and butter cookies and later strolling in the park and discussing and commenting on different aspects of life and problems.And whoever said that, to talk you need people of same age isn't always true,like minds irrespective of age can do that too.

Anyways,lets come to the point,I had bought some fruits for her and there she taught me a beautiful recipe with it.I have always been fond of pulao more than fried rice or even biriyani and when I heard its going to be 'Kashmiri Style Pulao', I simply couldn't resist.

So,here is the recipe try it and lemme know how was it.But let me warn only those who are not too fond of sweet stuff,that this recipe is little on the sweeter side as it has lot of different fruits used in it.Other than that, rest might enjoy it like I did.

Ingredients:
1 cup basmati rice.

Few tspn of Refined butter/Ghee.

3 green cardamom

3 cloves

1 bay leaf

1 tsp cumin

1 green chili

1 tsp ginger-garlic paste

Mixed nuts (almonds,cashews,raisins)

1/4 cup amul gold milk

1/4 cup amul cream

1/2 tsp nutmeg powder

1/2 tsp rose water

Mixed fruits of your choice( I have used apples,black grapes,mangoes,pineapple and oranges)

Salt and Sugar to taste.

Method:
Soak rice in water for an hour or so and drain and keep aside.

In a skillet,saute the spices in ghee and then add the drained rice cook until its aromatic.

Add the milk,cream and salt and water and let it cook.

In a pan,saute the nuts in ghee until golden.

Check on the rice,when it is almost cooked,add the fruits( except mangoes and oranges) and the dry fruits.

Stir lightly to mix them together,but be careful not to break the grains.

After its cooked through,turn off the flame and garnish it with mangoes cut into cubes and orange randomly slit in the middle.

Serve a vegetable preparation as side dish along with if you like,I added a grated panner gravy.But if you want to keep it simple,it tastes good with Raita as well.



My Aunt has this fetish of maintaining beautiful garden,and it also has a banana tree.Though its rarely allowed to pluck its leaves except for on puja days,but I cut out one to serve the rice on it.Looks beautiful and a touch of authenticity, you see! *winks*.

No comments:

Post a Comment