Friday 5 July 2013

Pasta In Red Sauce

Life is a combination of magic and pasta. ~Federico Fellini.


I love love love pasta!Give me in red sauce or white sauce,I'll gobble down both *winks*,I find it that tasty.And I cook it too,experimenting with all kinds of veggies that I can put in my plate.
Sometimes,I keep it simple and sometimes I use various elements to spice it up,it depends whats available at that moment.

So,without further ado,here's an easy recipe of pasta in red sauce.

Ingredients:

1 cup pasta of your choice(I have used the bow tie shape,looks pretty).
1/2 cup sweet corn.
1/2 cup chicken stock/veg stock.
1/2 cup grated cheese.
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Salt to taste.

-For Red Sauce:

2 tablespoon olive oil.
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes.
1 cup ready-made tomato puree.
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup.
1 small piece of butter.
1/2 cup finely chopped onions.
1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
1 teaspoon dried oregano.
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley.
1/2 tsp sugar (optional).
Salt to taste.

Method:

First put a pan fill it with water,bring it up to boil and put in generous amount of salt.In there will go the pasta.

Pour oil in a skillet in medium heat,add in the garlic.Let the garlic and the oil infuse well,cook until the garlic is really fragrant.

Add in the chilly flakes and chopped onions,saute it for a min and then add in tomato puree and tomato ketchup.Stir well all the ingredients together.

Season it will salt,pepper and dried oregano.

Add in a little sugar and the chopped parsley.

The sauce is ready.In there goes the sweet corn and the chicken stock,let it simmer and thicken again.

Add in the boiled Pasta and the butter.

Plate it and sprinkle the grated cheese.The cheese will melt on its own and its ready to serve.


I'll post in Pasta in white sauce,soon! Till then cook this and enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment