Monday 15 July 2013

Strawberry Cookies

Strawberry a fruit so luscious and tasty and it simply melts in your mouth.I love them,but unfortunately,the place I stay at,not many good variety is available,and if there is,they aren't sweet enough.So,I stick to canned or whole crush.

My sister came over last Sunday and on that very evening I baked these cookies,then we both relished it.But I had 2-3 left which I noticed has softened the next day.The strawberry had released its juices,so I would suggest stick to a small batch and eat them on the very day!

Lets go over the Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter,softened.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1/4 cup white sugar.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence.
1 medium-sized egg.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
4 whole strawberries from the can or fresh slices of strawberries.

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 C.

Using an electric mixer,beat the butter,brown sugar,white sugar and vanilla essence until smooth and combined.

Add the egg,and beat well.

Now add the flour,baking soda and salt,and beat on a low speed until just incorporated.

Drop tablespoons of the dough onto the baking trays, allowing room for spreading.

Then with a spoon just add the strawberry each at the center.

Bake for 10-12 minutes,until the cookies are deeply golden.

Makes 24 cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment